Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Update

Thanks for all your concern!! I don't have internet at my house, so when I last updated I had gone down the street to my cousin's and when I got back I didn't feel well and my blood pressure had gone up really high, so I decided to not do that anymore. I've been checking my email on my cell and saw that people had left comments and emails wanting updates, so I dragged out my dusty six year old laptop that I thought was pretty much dead, hooked it up to my phone line, and am currently blogging away on dial up. Shew! Do you guys remember dial up days? Sooooo slow! Unfortunately my connection is too slow to read everyone's blogs, so I'm so far behind!! Okay, so as for bedrest and blood pressure: Everything is going well. The bedrest seems to be working keeping my blood pressure down to a reasonable level. My bottom number lingers around 90 most of the time, which is high but definitely nothing to be too concerned about. As long as I stay on bedrest, hopefully my blood pressure will stay in that region, and I'll get ostay out of the hospital and Luke will come naturally. My doctor says that they won't induce unless things get really bad. I've been doing alot of reading and have some "tv on dvd" seasons to keep me occupied, plus I can float in my pool so that keeps my spirits up- getting out in the sun and getting some fresh air and a little color on my skin. I've also been kind of mapping out how I want to do Luke's scrapbook, and coming up with page ideas. So, I'm 36 1/2 weeks now, 3 1/2 more weeks at the most to go! My mom has been so wonderful. She comes and cooks a couple days a week and keeps me company. Tommy has been awesome, too. I just can't wait to meet this litle trouble maker!! His heartbeat sounds good, he's still moving all the time, and I believe he's perfectly healthy. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get faster internet installed ASAP, so hopefully by next week I'll be fully connected.
Oh! One more crazy thing! I know I blogged before about the three baby girls on my street... turns out there's one more!! Another house across the street from me is getting ready to have a baby girl!! 5 out of 7 houses all within maybe 200-300 yards of each other either pregnant or with brand new infants. I can't get over it! I'm thinking about dropping notes in their mailboxes just sharing my information, asking for theirs, and asking if they mind if I share it with everyone else so that if anyone needs anything or wants to take a walk or get together to play we can hook up. Everyone around here is pretty private, but I just can't imagine 5 new mommies so close together being complete strangers.
Hope you're all having a great summer! Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that you guys are doing okay! I was getting a little worried. Just keep resting mama - he'll be here before you know it!!

    ReplyDelete