Wednesday, July 25, 2012

March

The main thing that sticks out in my mind in March is that Luke was hospitalized and diagnosed with asthma.  He has had breathing problems since he was very young, but I guess doctors are hesitant to diagnose children when they’re very young.  On the day Luke went to the hospital he had been sick and wheezing, so I had brought his nebulizer to work with me.  My Mom called me up at one point and said Luke sounded really bad.  I went up and he was taking very very shallow wheezy breaths, and was very inactive.  He looked miserable and wasn’t really talking.  I gave him two back to back nebulizer treatments and he really wasn’t getting any better, so I called his doctor’s office and got an appointment right away.  He was breathing much better by the time we got there, but still not great.  They gave him another breathing treatment and when he still sounded bad, they said they wanted him admitted.  We headed over to the hospital and stayed for just about 24 hours, and they officially diagnosed him with asthma. 

IMG_0173 IMG_0174

IMG_0178 IMG_0175

I had to cover up his IV with a rubber glove so he could play with play-doh in the hospital play room :) 

Luke now takes a steroid in his nebulizer twice a day.  It seems to help some, but we have still had some incidents since then where he gets sick and wheezy. 

And following in his brother’s footsteps, look who got his first nebulizer treatment in March…

IMG_0132

Tommy had asthma as a kid and grew out of it, so I pray that my boys do the same and this isn’t something they’re stuck with forever.  I just hope that it never holds them back from doing anything they want to do. 

Here is Dylan being adorable in March:

IMG_0123 IMG_0124

IMG_0126

and big boy at his 6 month check up… I’ll have to go back and look at his stats.  I don’t know them off the top of my head, but do know that he’s been running in the 10th percentile for height and weight just like his brother.  They’re both little shrimps.

IMG_0130

Snuggling with Aunt Brit

IMG_0159

taking a bath with AJ, just like me and Amanda did when we were babies :)

IMG_0189

And the other thing at the end of March- Luke got a haircut!

IMG_0193

I was over keeping up with his long hair.  It grew over his ears so fast, and was just a pain.  I’ve been keeping it a little longer than this lately, and he looks so big!  Let me tell you ladies, even being a hair stylist and being able to cut my own kids hair… it’s still VERY hard and VERY not fun!  I dread it!  Sometimes I am seriously tempted to go somewhere and pay someone to do it so I don’t have to do it myself!

Okay, another month down… maybe as we get closer to the present I’ll be able to remember more details!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I had no idea this whole asthma thing went down! :( And Luke's haircut is ADORABLE!!!!

    ReplyDelete