Luke is 21 months old today, and I feel like I haven't updated on his development and personality lately. He does so much cute stuff that keeps us laughing all the time, but he is also definitely starting to show those "Terrible Twos" tendencies as well!
-He is saying alot of new words and really identifies things now. He'll point to things and tell you what they are. He is always asking for crackers, which he pronounces kind of like "tattoos." If we ask him if he wants to go somewhere he'll immediately point down at his feet and tell us "shoes" to let us know he can't go anywhere without shoes.
- He loves to play at the park and we usually take him on our days off (Tommy on Monday and me on Thursday.) When you ask him if he wants to go to the park he'll usually say "Wheeee! Shoes."
- Last week in Michael's a lady asked him "Can you tell me your name?" and he answered "baby." :) So, I worked on it with him and it's now more like "Loot."
- He JUST started saying "no" and says it CONSTANTLY. We used to think it was so funny when his answer for everything was yes. No matter what we asked him he would nod his head yes. Now it seems like most of the time he wrinkles up his little face and gives us a hearty "no."
- He gives the best hugs and kisses and sometimes will wrap his little arms around my neck so tight it melts my heart!!!
- A few weeks ago when he got out of the bathtub I had him all wrapped up and I held him like a baby and just started singing "baaaaaby, baaaaby" to him... that's it. Just saying baby over and over in different tones. Now, as soon as I start to get him out of the bath he starts singing it. He lets me hold him like a baby and he sings it with me :)
- He knows a ton of animal noises and I definitely have some favorites. One of them is that a bee says "beeeees!" Not buzz, but bees. He calls all bugs bees, so whenever he sees a bug he starts shouting "BEES! BEES!" very frantically.
- He LOVES to be outside. If he starts getting fussy in the house, all I have to do is take him outside and he's happy. No matter what he's doing.
- He really has no schedule anymore and nothing seems to be consistent except for his bedtime. He always goes to bed between 8:20 and 8:30, and 95% of the time goes down without a fight or maybe with a couple minutes of crying. For a couple weeks recently he was waking up during the night and I would have to get up and rock him for a little while. I'm not sure what the problem was, but he's slept soundly for about a week now, so I'm hoping whatever it was has passed. He still normally takes a nap during the day, but it's definitely not at 10:00 like clockwork like it was before. Sometimes he'll push all the way until 1 before he crashes.
- No pacifier for a couple of months now! I'm happy to not be dependent on a big hunk of green rubber anymore, but lately with the little tantrums he's thrown and fighting naps so hard sometimes I'm soooo tempted to grab one and give it to him!
- He no longer has the freedom to walk around the house with a sippy cup because he keeps taking sips of his drink and then spitting them out!!! On himself, on the couch, on the floor... it's driving me CRAZY! I thought he was over it, so I let him carry his milk around the other day, he went in his room and got very quiet, and when I went to check on him he was in his tent with milk all over the floor all around him.
- He's an extremely fickle eater. He loves something one day, and is off it the next day. The only thing that doesn't change is that he loves fruit. Right now he's also big on yogurt, string cheese and oatmeal, and most of the time the little diced pieces of ham. He hardly eats any meat and something can be a big hit one day and the next it gets a great big head shake and a "NO!"
-He's very into his books right now, and loves for us to read him a few before bed every night.
These pictures are from Westmoreland Berry Farm where we picked 5 lbs of strawberries today!