Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Sleep Deprivation!

I guess it's a good thing that I'm getting a sneak peek of what I'm in for in a few months, but I must say my messed up sleep schedule is driving me crazy! I haven't slept a full night in about three months. For a while I was waking up every night at 1:33 a.m. Same time, every night, sometimes it varied, but always within about five minutes of that. Now, I wake up in the 3:00 hour and can't get back to sleep!! It's SO frustrating. The silliest strangest things just float around in my head. As I'm thinking these inane things, the other half of my brain is going why are you thinking about this right now?! Go back to sleep!! I don't want to read or watch t.v. when I wake up, I have no desire to do anything but go back to sleep! So, I guess this is kind of what it's like when there's a newborn, just without the crying and feeding :)

P.S.- Less than two weeks until the ultrasound!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, get used to it...although once the baby is here, your body will some how just 'adjust' to going on a few hours sleep at a time. Now that Mikayla sleeps 12 hours a night, I sometimes find myself missing those middle of the night feedings and cuddling. :) But I also LOVE my sleep too, lol. Can't wait to hear what you're having!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! i havent seen you since we graduated high school. i see that all is going well. when are you due. i am due Aug 17th and i think we might be around the same due date. Congrats on the upcoming new addition to the family!

    ReplyDelete