Monday, January 10, 2011

Yuck

Poor Baby Luke has come down with something funky!  It started last Wednesday with a runny nose and cough.  He ran a low fever a couple of times, but his energy level never wavered and he didn’t seem bothered at all, so we let it go.  Saturday he started wheezing.  We knew we really had a problem then.  So, when I got home from work and Tommy got home from helping a friend move, we decided to take him to the Emergency Care place in Charlotte Hall.  We got there at 6:00, he got a breathing treatment and a couple of prescriptions, and we were out of there around 8:00.  Then, I dropped the boys off and drove all over Charles County to get his prescriptions filled and didn’t get home until 11:00.  Awesome. 

Today Tommy followed up with his pediatrician who took him off the two medications the after hours place prescribed him and sent Tommy home with a nebulizer and some antibiotics for an ear infection.  He’s doing really well with the nebulizer but the doctor says he has a virus and his cough could hang around for a couple of weeks.  In the meantime he is a sweetie snuggly boy, which is unusual and lovely :)

DSCN1781 DSCN1780

P.S..- thanks everyone for the comments on my announcement post!  It’s great to have so much Mommy support!!

5 comments:

  1. Get better soon Luke! You gotta take those snuggles however you can get them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope he gets 100% better soon....and I agree with Emily! The only thing good about a sick baby is their snuggliness :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look how good he does with the nebulizer! Such a big boy! I know, I hate when they get sick, but I LOVE getting to cuddle my sick boy back to health.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOODNESS, I just read that Luke is going to be a BIG BROTHER!!! Congrats, congrats, congrats!!!! I'm sure baby #2 will be just as adorable as Luke!!!! I hope Luke feels better soon. Harley, Derek and Melissa are all sick with runny noses, coughs and fevers too!!! It's awful. I've only had all 3 of them sick at once only one time before and it was awful. This past week has been RUFF! You and your family are in my prayers for a healthy pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww....I hope he feels beter!!! PS. Is Tommy wearing a thumb ring?? LOL

    ReplyDelete