Seven weeks along and I know it’s SO early, and I’ve only known I was pregnant for like three weeks, but I must say this pregnancy is flying by so far! Here is what Alpha Mom has to say about week 7:
- Still with the growing. Always with the growing. Your baby starts off this week at four or five millimeters long, but is a whopping half an inch by the end.
- Has a two-chambered heart, air passages in the lungs, and cerebral hemispheres in the braaaaaains.
- Has an appendix, which is kind of cool until you remember that the appendix is almost completely useless. But it’s there now! Awww.
- Might be feeling a little urpy and gaggy and pukey.
- Are incredibly sensitive to smells.
- Like, seriously. Who burned an English muffin in the employee break room this morning? WHO? WHO IS RESPONSIBLE? I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN, YOU MUFFIN-BURNING BASTARD.
I woke up this morning feeling a tiny bit nauseous, the first hint of anything like that so far. I am sensitive to smells. At the salon the other day there were four people eating McDonald’s in our tiny back room and it smelled AWFUL to me. And, I guess my other symptom that is sticking around is bad dreams. Last night I dreamed that Lord Voldemort from Harry Potter was after me and he broke into my car and stole money and my camera and tore up the leather in my back seat.
Tommy has been incredibly sick this week. It started on Sunday when we went down to watch football with my Dad. He slept almost all afternoon, which is very unlike him when there’s good games on. Monday morning he went to the doctor and was running a fever of 102. The doctor told him not to go back to work until today, and this morning he really still didn’t feel up to going. I wouldn’t be surprised if he comes home early. He’s just been festering in bed for three days, poor guy.
Here are a couple of cell phone pictures from the past couple of weeks.
Luke helping nurse Daddy back to health
sleeping on the way home from work
I felt so bad for doing this to him, but he was comfortable! He was dead asleep when we got to the store, so at first I was carrying him. But, he was SO heavy! So, I just nestled him down in there with his legs dangling over the side of the cart and he never batted an eye.
In other news, I have given my notice at the salon. I’ve only been working there for about 8 months since I finished school and became licensed. It’s a combination of things that is leading me to leave. The main thing is that the schedule of a hairdresser is just not right for our family. I hate working evenings, and Tommy really hates me working evenings. Also, between working for my Dad and working at the salon I’m working about 5o hours per week. Other than bed rest and maternity leave, for the past 5 years straight I have either worked multiple jobs or worked and gone to school for at least 50 hours/week. Once I leave the salon, I’ll just be working for my Dad for about 30 hours/week, which will be a very welcome change and will hopefully work out for us.
I hope everyone is having a great week!