First of all, I am SO happy to announce the birth of Calla Riley Albrittain!! She was born to Willie and Chrissie (our cousins/neighbors/BFFs) on Tuesday, February 1st, after very close to 48 horrendous hours of labor for Chrissie. She is absolutely beautiful!!
It was such a relief to immediately see the baby with a nice strong heartbeat as soon as the sonogram began.
I'm a couple days away from 9 weeks, so I'll go ahead and give that update. Here's what Alphamom has to say:
- Is about the size of a grape, or perhaps a cocktail olive, the kind that’s marinated in vermouth and stuffed with blue cheese.
- (Is not marinated in vermouth or stuffed with blue cheese.)
- Has fingers and toes and eyelids and ears.
- External boy and girl-parts are present, but won’t be really distinguishable for another couple weeks.
- Have a uterus the size of a flipping grapefruit, lady.
- *BARF* Again. Still.
- With all the extra blood pumping through your system (about 50% more blood volume, actually), your body temperature may be a little jacked up — if you’re constantly complaining about being too hot or too cold, this is why.
Not much else has been going on. Luke has been really adorable lately. He loves to talk and he runs around like a crazy man and is very very busy all the time. Melissa got him a little pop up tent for Christmas and I stuck it in the corner of his room and put all of his stuffed animals in it and he LOVES it. He dives in there with no fear and loves when we sneak in and tickle him and play peek a boo.
We had a little Superbowl party on Sunday and had a really good time.
smiley baby Andrea
Luke moving in on his woman Katie
and then putting the moves on Claire!
how stinking cute
Mr. and Mrs. Dean
I didn’t get pictures of everyone, of course. Okay, well that’s probably it for me for another week!