Tuesday, October 6, 2009

3 days 'til Luke's first trip to O.C.!

Not too much to update today. Luke had his first slumber party with my mom on Friday night. Tommy and I went to Hop's in Alexandria and to see "The Invention of Lying." The movie wasn't too funny and I was super restless. I've realized I don't like going to the movies anymore, I can't sit still that long. Luke did great for my mom and I slept like a log, but as soon as I woke up at 6:30 Saturday morning all I wanted to do was give him a good snuggle so I drove down there right away and snatched him up. Yesterday was my first day back to school and my new schedule is Monday and Thursday school for hopefully 12 hours (or as long as I can stand it) and Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday work. So, I stayed the whole 12 hours yesterday and it was SO HARD being away from him for that long. My mom came to my house during the day to watch him, and Tommy took over when he got off work. I wanted to keep calling and seeing how everything was going but I limited it to two calls to my mom and one to Tommy, so I think I did pretty well :) I have completed 850 hours of school and have 650 to go. I'm trying to get it over with as fast as possible!! I'm shooting for early May. I hate hate hate being away from my family for that long. This is still better than the hours I was doing before I had the baby, which was working every day and school every evening, M-Th 4-9 pm. This weekend my whole family (parents, two sisters, all of our significant others, and Melissa Speake (she's our fake sister)) is going to Ocean City and I absolutely can't wait. We are all so excited to get to spend time together, go out and have some fun, and of course spoil Luke to death. Here's a few pictures from over the past few days.

adorable little face

napping with Dad

his first time wearing jeans :)

what can I say... the man feels the need to profess his love for his mom :) p.s... what's up with those pants? haha I don't think he'll be wearing them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment