Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Catching Up

It’s been a busy couple of weeks around here.  It’s taking some adjustment getting used to my new schedule.  For the moment I’m working about 20 hours at Hampton Electric for my Dad and about 30 hours at the salon.  I would really like to thank Tommy, my Mom, and Bonnie for being so helpful with everything that goes into taking care of a baby and working multiple jobs. 

Krystal had pink eye last weekend and it then made the rounds to Tommy and finally to me today.  I went to the doctor and got drops right away.  I haven’t seen any signs in Luke yet, thank God!  Even though I know it’s an easy fix, I feel so bad when babies have to deal with stuff like that and they don’t understand what’s going on.

Saturday night after work me, my Mom, Bonnie, and Sage went to see a show at Wolftrap.  It was a Cirque du Soleil type show, but it’s a different company.  It was called Cirque Dreams: Illuminations and was a great time.  It was my first time at Wolftrap, and that is a beautiful venue!  I highly suggest catching a show this summer if you can find one that appeals to you.  If you get lawn seats you can bring any food and drink in with you that you want!  There were lots of people having picnics and drinking wine. 

Sunday was a super lazy day.  I mean extremely lazy.  I napped BOTH times Luke napped and enjoyed every minute of it.  Well, I guess the second time I really just laid in bed and read and watched t.v.  Other than that we just played with the baby and had a great steak dinner on the grill. 

Okay, so on to Luke updates.  Lately at home he is a total Daddy’s boy.  I try not to let it get to me, but it really kind of hurts my feelings!  I’ll be holding him and playing with him and he’s squirming and crying and as soon as I hand him over to Tommy he gets a huge grin on his face and is a happy boy.  He now has eight teeth- four on top and four on the bottom.  The two new ones on the bottom have barely broken the surface, but all the rest are well developed.  With all these new teeth he has done MAJOR damage to the side of his crib!IMG_0561

He almost exclusively crawls on his hands and FEET- not knees-  now.  We call it a “bear crawl” because that’s what it’s called as a football drill.  This thrills Tommy.  He keeps saying “look at him!  It’s perfect form!  He’s going to do so good at football!”  I’ll get a video soon. 

silly face

IMG_0549

his poor little nose!  He’s had a runny nose for about a week and it’s been pretty raw the past few days.  He HATES having his nose wiped and is so strong!  He pushes my hands away and is actually successful at keeping me away!IMG_0558

IMG_0555

My Mom used to do “I’m a little mousey” all the time when we were kids.  Luke already loves it!

This weekend we have a couple of parties to go to when I get off work on Saturday and Sunday I think the plan is to go down to my Dad’s for crabs.  I’m excited for Tommy’s first Father’s Day!  I’m hoping my Dad’s boat will be in the water and he and Tommy can go for a spin. 

2 comments:

  1. He is so cute and it is amazing how strong they are for being so little. I hope you get over your pink eye soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww that little giggle melts my heart! I can't believe the teeth marks on the side of his crib, wow! And I can totally relate with having a Daddy's boy!

    ReplyDelete