Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Father’s Day

We had such a great Father’s Day!  I know I enjoyed it, I hope Tommy did as much as me!  It was a very relaxing day and Luke was such a good boy.  We just played in the morning, and then picked up crabs and headed down to my Dad’s for crabs.  (p.s.- did anybody NOT eat crabs on Sunday? :))  I have an extremely close relationship with my Dad.  I’ve been working for him for five years now and although my patience is tested fairly often, I am so thankful to have so much time with him and the rest of my family.  I’m down to part time now, and at some point will stop working for him completely, and it makes me sad to think about.  I got my sense of humor from my Dad and he makes me absolutely crack up laughing every single day.  We are similar in many ways, and different in many, and it makes our relationship special and wonderful.  I think my Dad is one of the smartest business people I know and he built his business from absolutely nothing into something very successful by working hard and spending smart over the last twenty years.  He has provided a wonderful life for me, my sisters, and my Mom and taught me so much along the way.  I LOVE YOU DAD!!!!

96128745

Now, Luke has a wonderful Grandpa who he can love and learn from.  I can’t wait to see how their relationship develops. 

Now, on to the real star of the day!

Tommy’s first Father’s Day!  Tommy has absolutely exceeded every expectation I ever had of him as a father.  He is amazing in every way.  I worried so much before Luke was born because I was afraid I would be too “type a,” always trying to tell Tommy how to do everything.  At night when I couldn’t sleep I would wake Tommy up by loudly asking “are you awake?”  until he was.  Then I would tell him that I was worried that I would drive him crazy once the baby was born and he wouldn’t want to be around me.  He would tell me not to worry about it and that I was driving him crazy now :)  Once the baby was born all of those fears went right out the window.  Of course, I disagree with the way he does things sometimes.  Sometimes he gives things to Luke to play with without thinking about the possible disasters that could ensue… like a wrench (Tommy: it’s not sharp! Me: It’s heavy! *hits self on forehead with it* see!  ow!) or a lipstick (Tommy: what’s wrong with that? Me: *easily uncaps it* HELLO!  Lipstick everywhere!")  But, those are just very minor details and as a whole since the very beginning Tommy has been so supportive and willing to do anything and everything.  Because of my schedule, first with school and now with the salon, Tommy has taken care of Luke by himself many times since he was a tiny baby.  Bath time, bedtime, whatever time- he’s on it.  Just because we don’t always do things exactly the same doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with that…. maybe it’ll teach Luke flexibility :) 

I can’t say enough wonderful things about Tommy as a husband and father.  I can’t wait for him to be a Daddy again.  Well, I mean, I can wait, but I’ll be really happy when that time comes…

DSCN1382

DSCN1323

DSCN1271

DSCN1160

DSCN1080

DSCN0688

DSCN0511

003

We love you so much and think you’re the best Daddy in the world!

2 comments:

  1. It never fails, you are SO funny! So true about the Dads doing things differently, but they are such good dads we can't even complain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was such a touching, sweet post! Tommy is just as lucky to have you as you are to have him.

    ReplyDelete