Thursday, March 17, 2011

14 Weeks

Your Baby:

  • Is about the size of your fist, unless you have giant man-hands or something, so maybe I should just compare it to a peach instead.
  • Has a strong, whoosh-whooshy heartbeat that can usually be found pretty easily now with a doppler. It’s much faster than yours (between 120 – 160 bpm), and sounds vaguely like a washing machine.
  • Has probably started sucking its thumb.

You:

  • Should be noticing a definite decrease in some of the more crap symptoms from the first trimester, although fatigue and nausea do tend to stick around a little longer for some women.
  • Probably aren’t as bothered by breast tenderness anymore, although your boobs will continue to grow in size in the weeks and months ahead. Reassess your bra size periodically and make sure you aren’t mashing the girls into something you’ve outgrown.
  • If this is your first pregnancy, you may FINALLY feel like you’re starting to “show” with a little belly pooch.
  • If this is your second (or third or fourth or etc.) pregnancy, you’ve probably been in maternity clothes or been rubber-banding your pants for a few weeks already, so pffft.

 

Another fun week in pregnancy land.  Can I just say I can’t wait for the best parts of pregnancy like finding out what the sex is and planning accordingly and those first flutters… That makes the desire to complain subside a little for me.  I just have a couple of important questions that I would like answered.  Why is my nose red like Rudolph?  Why am I growing a beard? 

This week has actually been better in the nausea department, but my insomnia has really reared its ugly head… as I sit typing this at 4:30 am. 

I know I complain, but I really am so happy right now and I know how very blessed we are to have another baby on the way and to see Luke be a big brother!

Hope you are all having a great week! 

1 comment:

  1. Well, atleast when you complain on here you have people that will totally sympathize with you! LOL But you're right, we're all so blessed to be adding to our families and it will all be worth every ache and pain along the way! Can't wait to find out your sonogram date!

    ReplyDelete